Senior Business Analyst
Pan Pacific Hotels Group is a young and dynamic company comprising two well- established and trusted brands. Pan Pacific® and PARKROYAL®. We have aggressive expansion plans and as such, we are looking for motivated and energetic people to be part of our growing team. If you have a passion for the industry and are driven by the desire to create memorable hotel experiences, Pan Pacific Hotels Group is able to offer you great opportunities as we continue to strengthen our global footprint.
Based at our Corporate Office in Singapore, we are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join us as Senior Business Analyst.
This position is to assist in monitoring hotels’ performances and support corporate initiatives in enhancing performance in hotels. The role will provide opportunities to be exposed to the business of running hotels and related business issues. It will enable the incumbent to develop an insight on the “drivers” that make a hotel successful and offer exposure to senior management of the organisation both at the corporate and property levels.
This role is responsible for the following activities which include but not restricted to:
- Generate consolidation reports monthly, quarterly and yearly performance indicators and analyse results of Hotels against budget, prior years’ performance or other industry and market benchmarks.
- Develop and fine-tune existing and new excel models for reporting or ad-hoc analysis.
- Engage Hotels and business units to review, query and evaluate performance indicators and results to articulate business issues and facilitate the formulation of action plans and strategy to improve business performance.
- Plan, develop and direct overall research methodology and structure for special projects.
- Review and evaluate feasibility and ‘return-on-investment’ for strategic asset planning proposals, and make recommendations to Hotels and Management Team on the viability, risks and potential of these business cases.
- Conduct, collate, maintain and disseminate findings from environmental scan on operating condition of the Hotels and business units such as the following but not limited to, national visitor arrival statistics, industry profit or productivity benchmarks which would assist the Hotels and business units with the evaluation of their performance.
- Facilitate the planning and execution of Hotel business planning processes
- Review and evaluate Hotel budgets and business plans and query the Hotel and Management Team on the viability, risks and potential of these business cases.
- Assist with project management and participate in various ad hoc projects requiring analytical support to assist with decision making by various stakeholders from time to time.
- Assist in providing guidance and clarifications to Business Analysts within the Team.
- Develop and maintain a high level of communication with all related departments and business units on the strategy implementation on Hotel/business unit level, and local/regional operating environment.
- At least 2 years of working experience in an analytical role in the hotel industry or consultancy role in Hospitality.
- Proven record of working independently; a self-starter.
- Exposure to Hotel Operations Analysis, Feasibility Studies and / or Market Research.
- Minimum business-related Degree from a good recognised institution with strong emphasis on either Hospitality Management or demonstrates strong emphasis in academic curriculum in the areas of Analytics, Statistics, Finance, or Real Estate.
- Intermediate-Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word & Excel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analytical and numerically inclined.
- Ability to work under stress, multi-task and handle tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated individuals with eye for details.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to e-mail your resume to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.