Published Date: 5 June 2012
Pan Pacific Hotels Group is a young and dynamic company comprising two well- established and trusted brands. We have aggressive expansion plans and as such, we are looking for motivated and energetic people to be part of our growing team. If you have a passion for the industry and are driven by the desire to create memorable hotel experiences, Pan Pacific Hotels Group is able to offer you great opportunities as we continue to strengthen our global footprint
Based at our Singapore Sales Office, we are looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join us as Sales Manager.
The Sales Manager will assist the Director of Sales to increase corporate, MICE or Leisure client base through consistent solicitations while establishing trust and rapport with clients to generate and boost revenues within PPHG group. The Sales Manager services new and existing accounts to ensure repeat business. This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve the various hotels performance under PPHG to the Director of Sales
- Continuously solicit for new business that expands our client base using action plans focused on the market segment identified by the Director of Sales
- Prospecting and growing an account list, handling incoming leads and closing sales
- Plan, execute and follow-up on sales trips as approved
- Work closely with other sales associates and calling in on important customers and establishing multiple levels of contacts within the customer’s organisation
- Participate in the sales meetings by sharing latest market trends and new business development opportunities and activities
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Attend tradeshows, travel functions, major business functions or as required/directed by the Director of Sales
- Organizes familiarization of hotels and their facilities with clients and potential ones.
- Responsible for an assigned sales target in accordance to Cluster segmentation - Work closely with each salesperson and identify opportunities and ways to maximize and exceed personal and team revenue goals
- Support and assist in the development of the annual Business Plan, Hotel Budget and Marketing Plan as requested by the Director of Sales
- Gain excellent knowledge of the hotel facilities and services within PPHG and apply that knowledge in selling against our competitors
- Create excellent client relationship through attention to detail; prompt follow up and empathy for customer perceptions and needs whilst maintaining professionalism
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Take ownership of daily sales activities and maximize the productivity by following a system of weekly and monthly action plans
- Provide clear directions that simplifies the role of the support associates
- Demonstrate good working relationship with other departments maintaining effective communication and teamwork
- Actively assist the Credit Department in follow-up of overdue accounts
- Complete small administrative tasks on your own (i.e., photocopying, filing) where possible.
- Possess a commitment to the quality of all departmental records (i.e. computerised mailing list) which impacts the workload of support associates.
- Comprehend, digest and comply to hotel policies and procedure as described in the Associate Handbook and other documents
- Support and uphold the Hotel’s mission, vision and guiding principles
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures relating to administration of accounts and ultimate booking of business
- Other duties assigned by the Director of Sales when required from time to time
Demonstrate and be perceived as a role model for:
- Professionalism and outstanding people relation skills
- Excellent communication and self motivation skills
- Inspiring associates to perform their work scope with a high level of quality and integrity
- Sales champion
- Innovative thinking
- Comply with all local regulations (if any)
- Maintain highest standards of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards associates, guests/customers, suppliers and other clients.
- Maintain professional confidentiality at all times
- Minimum 2 years of sales experience within a multinational organisation with proven sales track record
- Experience in preparing RFP’s (Request for Proposal), MICE and group contracts
- Minimum Diploma in any discipline
- Driven, self motivated individual with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good influencing skills and the ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of which will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy
- An excellent team player who is able to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Possess high level of integrity and respect for others
Sound MS office skills
Interested applicants are invited to e-mail your resume to us at: email@example.com.
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.